Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas with family and getting ready to usher in 2016 in style. I can’t wait to be counting down and sharing a toast with friends tomorrow night. 2015 has been a really full on year with a lot of highs but with some small lows as well. But such is life isn’t it? For me, its a balance of both, take the learning lessons from the lows and appreciate the highs. It has been an amazing year of awakening, clarity and guidance for me. I have been so humbled by the wonderful spiritual gifts and new doors opened for me this year. Its been full of lovely people, experiences, learnings, teachings and even travel. I can’t wait for the wonderful things coming to me next year and lots of things are in motion as we speak.
I have had many messages asking for guidance on how to prepare for 2016. I love messages and sharing my insight so please don’t hesitate to send me a message for ideas for my blog.
Spiritual guidance on preparing for 2016
There is two aspects to this. It is a good idea to get your house ready for the new year. I want to share with you something my mother used to tell me. First of all, as you may know, I grew up in Malaysia and my parents were of mixed religion – Roman Catholic and Hindu. I have relatives who are Buddhist, Muslim, atheist, Baptist and Sikh. So a sort of United Nations of religion and race. I never knew where religion started and tradition ended when it came to our rituals back when I was growing up. My mother would insist that we clean up the house, the patio and garden a few days before Christmas. We would clean the house, throw or give away unwanted things. My mother would also heat up charcoal pieces on the stove and place them in a small stoneware burner. Fankincense resin would then be thrown on to the charcoal. This would result in an explosion of beautiful scented smoke which would fill the air all around. Till this day I love the smell of frankincense and even have incense which I used in my therapy room.
My mother told me it was to cleanse the house and get it ready for Mahalakshmi the deity of wealth. A clean and bright house would attract the deity to bless it with good luck and fortune.
Mahalakshmi – Hindu Goddess of wealth, fortune, and prosperity (both material and spiritual).
This concept of cleaning and clearing stuck with me. In fact its instinct that I reach for the vacuum cleaner a few days before a full moon or a special day. Here are some of the things you can do to create a welcoming house for the universe!
Shout out to the Universe that you are ready for abundance and 2016!
Preparing your home:
1. Clean and declutter – get the house tidy and ready. Give away unwanted clothes and shoes. You don’t need the clutter and you will need the space for the new year.
2. Sage – Do this tonight or on the 31st or 1st. Make sure you turn the smoke alarm off while you do it and turn it on a few hours after the smoke has settled down. I used an old clean plate to hold my sage, a candle and a medium sized shell to rest the lighted sage. The candle is useful as the sage tends to burn out . I found lighters uncomfortable to keep lighted. You can use the candle flame to relight the sage as you go around the rooms. I used good quality white Californian sage sticks.
3. Prayer: As you start off, ask Archangel Michael to ground you and to surround you with his cloak of light. Do this before you start smudging the house. You can say anything you want but this is a powerful prayer I wrote a while ago which a number of people have come back to say has helped. Prayer for Life
1. How can you invite anyone or anything into your life if its full? Take a look at the dramas in your life, who instigated them and why it happened. Is there a learning lesson somewhere? What can you do about it in 2016? Can you change the way you dealt with situations or do you need to just stop letting people into your life who abuse your kindness? One thing you would want to avoid though is posting negative posts on social media. There are plenty of those “I am going to have genuine friends” ,”get rid of my negative friends”quotes floating around in social media at the moment. I feel these generate negativity both for yourself and the people who read it. Deal with things in private and directly. No need to tell all your 300 or more friends that you are doing a FB cull. Why cause so much hurt for something that doesn’t concern them? I say this from experience so don’t think I am saying it for the sake of saying it. I learned from it and so can you. Negativity is like fat (I should know!). So easy to get but so hard to get rid off! Negativity gets stuck in your mind, your body and in the spiritual layer. I see a lot of this when I do my healing work. It can manifest in a physical as well as mental manner. Stop absorbing negativity so you can welcome more positivity in your life.
2. Meditate – I know its a busy few days for all us but take a minute or two to meditate. You only need earphones and some meditation music or guided meditation so you could do it on a train, before you go to sleep or even in the living room. Obviously don’t do it while cooking or driving. There may be some guidance or clarity given to you during meditation or even just a few moments for Spirit to gather close to you. If you feel cold spots or sensations during meditation, don’t stop…..just enjoy the moment. This is my favourite meditation channel on youtube.
3. You can also ask for guidance and help just before you go to sleep on the 30th, 31st or the 1st. Think about a goal or plan which you have for 2016 or a problem that may stand in your way in achieving your dreams. Now call on the Angels, spirit guides and/or your spirit family e.g family you have in spirit. Ask them for clarity and guidance for a way forward. Pay attention to any messages, thoughts, images or dreams you may have that night.
4. Be Wishful but grateful. We are so focused on cosmic ordering and asking that we forget to say THANK YOU! Be grateful of everyday we wake up alive! I remember watching Dr Wayne Dyer’s the Shift a while back and wondered why he said “Thank You” the moment he woke up. It hit me later that he was saying thank you for another day of human life. It was more meaningful watching it again this year after his passing. His words were so powerful and life changing but he remained humble and grateful. Do your wishlist for 2016 but add a gratitute list on the bottom for all the things you were thankful for in 2015. You can go out to the garden and burn it (safely) to send it off to the universe or leave it on your window. Or leave your list on an altar or a scared space.
5. Welcome 2016 – Start your New Year first day with positive intend and in a positive manner. I know its difficult being positive if 2015 has been a dififcult and sad year. Put the intention out that you want to have a good year by being positive and keeping your mind clear from negativity.
What not to do on New Year’s Day:
- Try not to clean the house on Jan 1 – my mother always says its bad luck to clean the house — its like wiping the good luck away!
- Avoid spending money – again my mother says you will be spending money all year. So the more money you can keep in your wallet today, the better for you financially.
- Keep communication positive. Avoid difficult topics, arguments or negativity.
Happy New Year!
I hope 2016 brings you abundance in every way – love, prosperity, luck and peace. May it also bring you closer to your soul purpose
Believe that 2016 will be FANTASTIC!
Please let me know if you found this useful x I love feedback x