This year has seen a lot of people going back to the past to find answers and to readjust their path in order to re-imagine their future. In doing so, some have felt a overwhelming feeling of failure, unease and even dealt with their pride being hurt. The ego is bruised when we change our paths to something we truly believed in not working out. It is hard to accept, the mind taking charge and making realistic plans. Failure is felt when things don’t go to plan or once you have realised that like the man who tried to get water out of the well, that it was going to take a lot more work as the pail had holes in it. Hot, and sweaty with sore arms, he slogged away to fill the jugs of the cool, clean well water. The pail with the hole was reducing the amount of water per draw. He could either keep doing what he was doing with little result or get a new pail or find something else to use. Alternatively, he could find another water source. These are choices not failures. You can overcome a situation using your internal wisdom and not allow emotions to cloud your judgement. In the same way, some of us are dealing with “letting go” of the security of what you are doing, of the feeling of failure, of change or the fear of something new.
Our physical body signs can be very revealing. These last week along with the very atmospheric skies over the UK shadows our inner struggles. The darkness within mirrors our experiences outside. People have been in touch this week saying they have been feeling very defeated, angry at times, procrastinating, depressed, fuzzy head and another even said some said they felt wobbly. Imagine there is a tug of war happening inside your body. How would it feel? One end pulling on the robe and the other holding on to the rope for dear life. Obviously there would be tension, agony and the sheer will power of both sides to hold on to the rope wouldn’t you? Your body is merely reacting to what is going on in your mind and spiritual layer.
We are being asked to take a step back from our situation and to review it with clear eyes and less attachment. The more you do this, the easier it will become. If we view it as “failure” then it attracts other mental negativity that only leads to a darker place mentally. We become too emotional and our actions will be driven from the wrong place. Using logic and a practical approach allows us to see things for what they are and making the adjustments to rectify the situation.
Energetically, this is happening for a big reason as this entire week, has been about “Good” vs “Evil”. Today ends the victory of good and Hindus around the world will celebrate Diwali which is the festival of lights. According to Hindu mythology, a super powerful demon called Narakasura who unleashed unimaginable pain and suffering to the world, was killed by Goddess Kali. who is a powerful, albeit scarier avatar of the Gods merged together. She is the warrior Goddess who was created to go to war, to save the world, to bring salvation to mankind. This is why her image often depicts her holding the bloody head of Narakasura. Simply put, the demon had declared to all the male Gods who tried to fight him and failed, that “No man can kill me”. He was arrogant enough to dismiss feminine power and therefore was defeated by Kali who incorporated both male and female energies. Hindus fast and pray for light into their lives, deal with the darkness within before today, when the dawn breaks to bring positivity and success. The Goddess of success and luck, Lakshmi is celebrated on the last few days to pray for happiness, fortune and success in all aspects of their lives.
In some ways, festival of lights is the war of inner darkness, to ward off bad luck and and dedicating time and space to positive thinking. This translate to our modern times as using knowledge and intuition to overcome our own darkness. When there is darkness there is light. So when there is doubt, trust your intuition and don’t be afraid to step into the bright light where there is clarity.
The New Moon which arrives tomorrow (October 19) offers us a new cycle of “letting go” and transformation which will be felt strongly by the Full Moon which falls on November 4th. You can help the universe by writing down your situation or what is holding you back on a piece of paper and go outside tomorrow evening to burn the paper. Hold the thought in your mind that you want to let go and welcome help from the universe. The veils between our two worlds are thinning so there is no doubt that our Spirit people, Angels and the universal force will be there to lend us a hand. Keep your thoughts positive, believe there is good change happening and everything will work out for the best. Be open to the fact that it may not be exactly how you want it, as the more we relinquish control, then the easier it is for the powers that may be, to deliver.
So why is this happening and why now? There is a bigger picture for us to open our awareness to. There is a next level of consciousness and experience but we cannot get there if we are holding on to fear and same old believes. The world is changing and there is a huge shift of thinking coming our way. We have often questioned how human evolution was going to take place, are we going to turn into zebras or three eyed aliens? What next after the ape? Well according to my awareness, the evolution will come in changes to mindset, to the way we think and feel. New thought processes and being able to accept the inevitable such as the possibility of Spirit being in the same space as us will be more accepted and mainstream.
So it starts with us now. Being able to shift our consciousness will be important. We are being shaken to the core to make ourselves a lot more flexible and accepting for what is around the corner. There are exciting times ahead for all of us and there is a universal feeling of “something big” is about to happen.
It is also a good time to make space for yourself and meditate. I love this very uplifting and super powerful mantra which is mantra of mantras. The music and the singers voice is so calming and gentle which really changes the energy around me when I listen to the music. You can click to listen to it here. I am actually listening to it as I write this guidance.
With that I wish you all a lovely Diwali and may the light be always in your life.
Lots of love and blessings,
The New Moon is often over looked when one talks about Moon energy. The Full Moon is well known and pushed forward as the time to release and let go. Moon energy, is a cycle in every way possible and needs to be slowly introduced into our auras as it triggers growth and change. If you do it all at once then humanity will be overwhelmed and sanity will be questioned. Everything that falls into our space has to be done in stages and gently. Even with that amount of care, some of us can be so desensitised that we rarely understand the subtle signs until we are faced with it.
The emotions activated the week before and a few days after the New Moon are usually raw, and very much in line with our soul’s mission. Every one of us are “spirits” having a human experience, with a purpose. Unfortunately as more experience we clock up, we also tend to be conditioned to stray away from our original goals. We may have been told that were are “not good enough” to be something or someone. So we stop ourselves from even trying a skill or love. This creates an inner resistance because although your mind tells you what is NOT possible, your soul is determined to lead you to what IS possible. So until you face up to these clutter within, we will be going around in circles and living the same story, again and again.
So here is where the New Moon saunters in each month, stirring up old stories, clutter and dark matter that we try to suppress. Things will crop up, people will crash into your lives, events will occur out of your control – all forcing you to run around like a headless chicken. You will then see changes, action and solutions by the time the Full Moon comes in.
The New Moon is like the bad cop and the Full Moon is the good cop! There are events astronomically as well as spiritually that align closely to either moon phases that accelerate and amplify the effects.
This month’s new moon falls on Navratri which is the Hindu nine night festival that ends with the “the victory of good over evil” which then culminates with the festival of light – Diwali.
The Goddess Durga, is worshipped through offerings, dance and religious events during this festival. Each area in India and their respective communities have a different way of celebrating from different deities celebrated on each day, to types of prayers, music or dance to traditions. You can read more here.
There are some huge injustices happening within our societies and indeed, the world right now. From human to natural forces, it doesn’t feel fair and suffering seems endless. It feels like everything has to fall apart, be completely broken in order for it to be rebuild and made complete. The guides tell me that there is a huge secret to be revealed or dislodged (perhaps something from underwater?) and there is going to be big shift in world politics very soon. The strong will be weak and the weak will be strong.
New Moon & Navratri Significance
Most of us fear the unknown. We also fear ourselves. Imagine standing in a room full of mirrors. Your image plastered all over, looking back at you with no where to run or hide. How many of us can say they would be 100% comfortable in that room? Not many I suspect. Shining the light within to see clearly, the things we have spend a lifetime trying to hide and hide from, can be a very emotional and upsetting. I know so many people who want a reading but are too scared because of what will come out. It is because they are terrified of the things they don’t want to face. When the light is shined on us, we have to take it warts and all.
It is also believed that Goddess Durga was created by Lord Vishnu as a warrior goddess to protect the good people against the demon, Mahishasur. She is the combination of all the Gods energies and their power. The demon had declared that “no man” could ever kill him, which is why a female deity was created. Durga is the protector of the good, the women and children. She is justice and infinite. She is the light in the dark. Durga is a Sanskrit word which literally translates into the one who eliminates sufferings. She is usually depicted with eight or 18 arms holding an object or tool in each hand, indicating that she is fully equipped and ready for battle. Durga symbolises freedom from fear, justice, winning the battle, being alert and ready for anything. Durga Amma is worshipped for help with fertility issues, strength, endurance and positive outcomes.
What to look for this week:
- Emotional – how are you feeling? Write down how you are feeling and then dig deeper – ask yourself why is this coming up now. What is bringing this up. Are there changes to your mood? Being irritable and angry. Is there something within that you are not facing but driving you to react badly to situations? Stop and consider because when you react straight away then you have no chance of correcting yourself especially when it concerns other people. Tears will also be significant for some people as when you have been in a state of mind or situation for so long, it inevitably becomes your “comfort zone”. Make a conscious decision to “let go” and you will see everything soften and shape up nicely for October’s Full Moon.
- Physical Symptoms – as the shedding process get underway this week, our chakras will be activated and problem areas will be highlighted. For example if your throat chakra may cause you to clear your throat more often this week, and symptoms such as coughing and congestion in the throat encourage you to speak up, communicate your truth and not to feel suppressed. If your stomach keeps churning this week (and not because of an existing medical issue) then you are being encouraged to let go of “confidence issues”. As the chakras work extra time this week, you will find yourself feeling very overheated and thirsty. Please drink lots of filtered water or lemon water.
- Dreams – most of us have vivid dreams but don’t always pay attention to them. This week you will find yourself going through massive journeys during dream time. Watch out for the moment before you wake up because the messages and clues from your soul will be likely to be given right before you wake up. Pay attention to any lingering words, images or scenes you may be seeing or hearing in your mind the moment you start to wake up and just about to let go of sleep. For example I had a roller coaster of a lucid dream and the last thing I remember was drinking from an artisan bottled drink. It was one of those fancy combination homemade drinks like rhubarb and poached pears or something like that. The more I was waking up, the label started to look fuzzy but one word – “turmeric” got brighter and brighter on the label. I knew it was relevant as my grandmother was a healer and medicine woman. She used turmeric for everything and it was her way of telling me to consume some to help me with a health condition.
- What is happening around you – there will be lots happening. From people pushing your buttons to events completely out of your control. There are two reasons for this, one will test certain aspects of what you need to let go and the other is to push you out of your comfort zone. You will face these tests to either show you how far you have come, for example your reaction to someone may have changed compared to three months ago. The other will be to make you understand why you need to let go of a particular emotion or reaction. A situation will arise and you will regret how you behaved which will trigger the release. The moment you realise what it is you need to let go off, then the process will kick off within you. To let go, to change to evolve – we must WANT it.
Do these three things this week to help the universe help you:
- Mirror Work Meditation – Take a moment anytime this week to do this powerful exercise. Find a comfortable and quiet place in the house where you won’t be disturbed. Have a notepad and pen next to you on the floor. Place a tabletop/vanity mirror on a table infront of you. Make sure you can see your full face in it. Listen to this beautiful music on your earphone (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkM-FjfN6Mc&t=2367s) as you are likely to get the full force of the vibrations that way. Take a few deep breaths with your eyes closed. Let the palms of your hands rest on your knee, facing up. Feel the sound waves go through your body from your root chakra to the top of your head and back down. Slowly open your eyes and look at yourself in the mirror. Look at the image in front of you. Don’t judge your flaws or imperfections, just look deep into the eyes, take in everything. Just be and look at yourself while you keep listening to the music. Let your body guide you. If you feel like you need to close your eyes, do it. Don’t analyse or try to control this moment with yourself. Write down anything that pops into your head. You can do this for 10mins or 30 mins or an hour. There is not min or max time for this. Go with the flow. Look at the words afterwards and ask yourself what it means and why it was given to you.
- Energy Clearing – smudge the house, clear the clutter and energise your crystals tonight. For the full guide and detailed explanation – Moon Rituals Guide
- Intentions – write down all the things you feel you need to let go of, including people in your lives who may be toxic, to be able to move forward. Be honest and be clear. Imagine that you have the ears of the powers that may be. This works if you believe and trust. Take it outside and burn it as you say in your mind “I let go, I let go, I let go of all the things I no longer need in my life”
In summary, this is a time for justice, redemption and personal freedom. Things will fall into place, even if its not entirely clear how it will benefit you straightway. Some of us will begin this phase finding themselves trying to get “justice” as it feels like going up Mt Everest. Everything feels difficult and full of resistance but trust and put your positive foot forward because there is light in the darkness. It may not be everything that you want but it will be enough for you to move forward. This auspicious new moon will empower you to “follow your dreams” if you let her.
If you are open to Hindu deities then please do listen to this beautiful Durga chant song – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GuCDLdrvkA Listen to this in bed before you go to sleep. It is super relaxing and powerful.
I love to hear from you. Has this resonated with you? Come back and feedback when things fall into place. Whatever your story, I want to hear it. Leave a comment here.
Happy Navartri and New Moon!
Recently a number of my clients and followers have been telling me about repeating numbers. More and more people are becoming aware of how the universe guides us through dreams and numbers, to send us messages and sometimes to just validate our own thoughts. We often, consciously or unconsciously sent out messages to the universe, asking for help or clarity. The help can come in many ways from a poster, something you see in social media, bumping into a friend or a dream that takes you through the problem. Sometimes you are given codes e.g Angel numbers for you to decipher for answers. Angel numbers follow the numerology principles but with an added message from the Angels.
You can catch these numbers on clocks, battery power levels, phone numbers or anything that catches you eye “accidentally” and totally unplanned. Obviously if you wait until the clock turns 1111 and screenshot it, its not a message, it is your own will to see and catch this number. The numbers and coincidences have to happen naturally and in the most unexpected moments. It cannot be forced!
So this time I really want to speak about the number 4 and how it relates to our lives right now. The number four is a very solid and dignified number that brings order to our world. If you have been seeing 4, 44 or 444 then it is likely that the solution to what you are struggling with is to get things in order or as I like to say it, “get your S**T together”. It also may well be that you have been neglecting the practical side of your life and being too whimsical lately.
There may be a sense of urgency attached to why you are seeing this now. If you see it repeating several times a day or weeks, then it is likely that there is a need to get things reorganised and in order because something will be coming up soon that will require your quick action. Some people get this sort of reminders close to the end of the tax year where everyone’s scrambling to find their paperwork and get their forms filled. Leaving everything to the last minute just creates extra stress and confusion. So you either take control of the situation NOW or let the situation take charge of You.
So, if you have been putting things off then this is the time to get organised, declutter your desk and put things into order. Ask your Angels to guide at this particular time in your life. Reach out to them for clarity and energy to get going. Remember Angels are always around you but then need you to actually as for their help. They often watch and wait for us to reach out to them.
If you keep seeing the sequences then you also need to keep track of your thoughts as you will be given guidance through your mind AND you are able to manifest your wishes easily. For example, I found myself thinking one day, after a week of seeing 44’s, of what I should paint. I kept seeing peacocks in magazines, on the TV and even on social media. One day I was sat in the garden and I heard “peacock” and the more I thought about it, the clearer the picture became. I knew I had my answer and yes, the peacock was painted.
We have to remember that we are able to manifest both good and bad intentions. So if you constantly think negative thoughts about areas in your life such as work, relationship or finances, then you will inevitably bring this intention to life. The number sequence of 4’s remind you to keep your thoughts as positive as possible as you are able to make things happen.
Good luck and if this resonates with you right now, then please do leave a comment and SHARE this article so your friends and family.
Top 5 things to do to navigate through this intense energy
These last couple of weeks have been intense for many people. We have been caught between the lunar eclipse which was near the last full moon on Feb 11 and the solar eclipse on February 26th. The eclipses magnify the energy but they also bring about stormy conditions. Much like Doris which is causing havoc in the UK right now. In every situation, we have a choice – to ride it or let it take over us. Most of us have been experiencing extra vivid dreams, some of which don’t make sense but it can also be signals from your subconscious mind giving you clues as to things you need to release or deal with in order to move forward. Remember whatever we try to hide underneath the carpet, has to be cleaned up at some point! This can be anything from an emotion to maybe a disagreement to signing papers. These are the things that are holding you back and needs to be reviewed. It may feel challenging now but like the storm, once the sunshine shines through the dark clouds, you will feel much better.
Ideas and new themes will be abundant so keep paper and pen handy at all times. I remember saying this in a post recently and I reiterate – keep your eyes and ears open.
The very structure of our DNA and physical layer is being upgraded,that we are being pushed to get rid of the baggage that has been like cords, attached and pulling us back into the past. This is why it is important to pay attention and record down dreams and thoughts that might drop into your mind.
Your brain and crown chakra’s energy will be boosted during this upgrade. This is also why people are waking up with headaches as you need to hydrate! Energy is being used up. Fuzzy head, flu like symptoms and general tiredness will be common until next week.
The eclipse season is here to highlight the baggage, magnify it to the point you MUST face it, and transform. Be grateful for this opportunity to “let go” and improve. You are also being asked to change your perception of people and situations. The reason for this will be clearer in the coming months. The more you try to suppress it, the bigger it becomes and then you will feel like drowning.
I don’t know about you but I have been having a lot of “AHA” moments. That moment of clarity of all the dots joined up together is priceless. Most of us have been grappling with huge challenges recently with nothing being clear causing confusion and stress. Trust that the universe has your back but trust yourself even more.
I do feel that many of us will feel like one hand takes and the other gives. Something difficult will fall into your lap one moment and just as we give up hope, something nice happens. This year is about balance and the universe will try to strike a balance in every way possible. There is never going to be a perfect year, just like we are not perfect ourselves but there will be little things to outweigh the bad.
How do you take advantage of this energy?
- Keep paper and pen handy, especially at the bedside. Write down whatever message you hear when you open your eyes, Try to remember what you saw/heard/felt in your dreams. Date it and add the time you woke up. There may even be a message int the time you wake up – for example 05:55 is an Angel number indicating major life changes and that you are making the right choices.
- Hydrate – drink the recommended amount of water each day as your body needs it right now
- Pay attention to the people coming to your life right now. Are they from the past – that you need to heal the relationship to move on? Are people being sent to you to bring up old emotions or issues that you thought you have overcome?
- Meditate – the best and simplest way to focus, relax and listen to your own soul! I have a selection of meditation music that may help.
- Prepare for the New Moon – do my moon ritual which is free and easy to do. This is my gift for you and anyone else who needs it. Smudge the house to clear the energy, cleanse your crystals to energise them and write your lists.
I hope the energy this weekend will bring you a fresh new start, clarity of the mind and love in every way possible.
Love and Light,