The New Moon is often over looked when one talks about Moon energy. The Full Moon is well known and pushed forward as the time to release and let go. Moon energy, is a cycle in every way possible and needs to be slowly introduced into our auras as it triggers growth and change. If you do it all at once then humanity will be overwhelmed and sanity will be questioned. Everything that falls into our space has to be done in stages and gently. Even with that amount of care, some of us can be so desensitised that we rarely understand the subtle signs until we are faced with it.
The emotions activated the week before and a few days after the New Moon are usually raw, and very much in line with our soul’s mission. Every one of us are “spirits” having a human experience, with a purpose. Unfortunately as more experience we clock up, we also tend to be conditioned to stray away from our original goals. We may have been told that were are “not good enough” to be something or someone. So we stop ourselves from even trying a skill or love. This creates an inner resistance because although your mind tells you what is NOT possible, your soul is determined to lead you to what IS possible. So until you face up to these clutter within, we will be going around in circles and living the same story, again and again.
So here is where the New Moon saunters in each month, stirring up old stories, clutter and dark matter that we try to suppress. Things will crop up, people will crash into your lives, events will occur out of your control – all forcing you to run around like a headless chicken. You will then see changes, action and solutions by the time the Full Moon comes in.
The New Moon is like the bad cop and the Full Moon is the good cop! There are events astronomically as well as spiritually that align closely to either moon phases that accelerate and amplify the effects.
This month’s new moon falls on Navratri which is the Hindu nine night festival that ends with the “the victory of good over evil” which then culminates with the festival of light – Diwali.
The Goddess Durga, is worshipped through offerings, dance and religious events during this festival. Each area in India and their respective communities have a different way of celebrating from different deities celebrated on each day, to types of prayers, music or dance to traditions. You can read more here.
There are some huge injustices happening within our societies and indeed, the world right now. From human to natural forces, it doesn’t feel fair and suffering seems endless. It feels like everything has to fall apart, be completely broken in order for it to be rebuild and made complete. The guides tell me that there is a huge secret to be revealed or dislodged (perhaps something from underwater?) and there is going to be big shift in world politics very soon. The strong will be weak and the weak will be strong.
New Moon & Navratri Significance
Most of us fear the unknown. We also fear ourselves. Imagine standing in a room full of mirrors. Your image plastered all over, looking back at you with no where to run or hide. How many of us can say they would be 100% comfortable in that room? Not many I suspect. Shining the light within to see clearly, the things we have spend a lifetime trying to hide and hide from, can be a very emotional and upsetting. I know so many people who want a reading but are too scared because of what will come out. It is because they are terrified of the things they don’t want to face. When the light is shined on us, we have to take it warts and all.
It is also believed that Goddess Durga was created by Lord Vishnu as a warrior goddess to protect the good people against the demon, Mahishasur. She is the combination of all the Gods energies and their power. The demon had declared that “no man” could ever kill him, which is why a female deity was created. Durga is the protector of the good, the women and children. She is justice and infinite. She is the light in the dark. Durga is a Sanskrit word which literally translates into the one who eliminates sufferings. She is usually depicted with eight or 18 arms holding an object or tool in each hand, indicating that she is fully equipped and ready for battle. Durga symbolises freedom from fear, justice, winning the battle, being alert and ready for anything. Durga Amma is worshipped for help with fertility issues, strength, endurance and positive outcomes.
What to look for this week:
- Emotional – how are you feeling? Write down how you are feeling and then dig deeper – ask yourself why is this coming up now. What is bringing this up. Are there changes to your mood? Being irritable and angry. Is there something within that you are not facing but driving you to react badly to situations? Stop and consider because when you react straight away then you have no chance of correcting yourself especially when it concerns other people. Tears will also be significant for some people as when you have been in a state of mind or situation for so long, it inevitably becomes your “comfort zone”. Make a conscious decision to “let go” and you will see everything soften and shape up nicely for October’s Full Moon.
- Physical Symptoms – as the shedding process get underway this week, our chakras will be activated and problem areas will be highlighted. For example if your throat chakra may cause you to clear your throat more often this week, and symptoms such as coughing and congestion in the throat encourage you to speak up, communicate your truth and not to feel suppressed. If your stomach keeps churning this week (and not because of an existing medical issue) then you are being encouraged to let go of “confidence issues”. As the chakras work extra time this week, you will find yourself feeling very overheated and thirsty. Please drink lots of filtered water or lemon water.
- Dreams – most of us have vivid dreams but don’t always pay attention to them. This week you will find yourself going through massive journeys during dream time. Watch out for the moment before you wake up because the messages and clues from your soul will be likely to be given right before you wake up. Pay attention to any lingering words, images or scenes you may be seeing or hearing in your mind the moment you start to wake up and just about to let go of sleep. For example I had a roller coaster of a lucid dream and the last thing I remember was drinking from an artisan bottled drink. It was one of those fancy combination homemade drinks like rhubarb and poached pears or something like that. The more I was waking up, the label started to look fuzzy but one word – “turmeric” got brighter and brighter on the label. I knew it was relevant as my grandmother was a healer and medicine woman. She used turmeric for everything and it was her way of telling me to consume some to help me with a health condition.
- What is happening around you – there will be lots happening. From people pushing your buttons to events completely out of your control. There are two reasons for this, one will test certain aspects of what you need to let go and the other is to push you out of your comfort zone. You will face these tests to either show you how far you have come, for example your reaction to someone may have changed compared to three months ago. The other will be to make you understand why you need to let go of a particular emotion or reaction. A situation will arise and you will regret how you behaved which will trigger the release. The moment you realise what it is you need to let go off, then the process will kick off within you. To let go, to change to evolve – we must WANT it.
Do these three things this week to help the universe help you:
- Mirror Work Meditation – Take a moment anytime this week to do this powerful exercise. Find a comfortable and quiet place in the house where you won’t be disturbed. Have a notepad and pen next to you on the floor. Place a tabletop/vanity mirror on a table infront of you. Make sure you can see your full face in it. Listen to this beautiful music on your earphone (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkM-FjfN6Mc&t=2367s) as you are likely to get the full force of the vibrations that way. Take a few deep breaths with your eyes closed. Let the palms of your hands rest on your knee, facing up. Feel the sound waves go through your body from your root chakra to the top of your head and back down. Slowly open your eyes and look at yourself in the mirror. Look at the image in front of you. Don’t judge your flaws or imperfections, just look deep into the eyes, take in everything. Just be and look at yourself while you keep listening to the music. Let your body guide you. If you feel like you need to close your eyes, do it. Don’t analyse or try to control this moment with yourself. Write down anything that pops into your head. You can do this for 10mins or 30 mins or an hour. There is not min or max time for this. Go with the flow. Look at the words afterwards and ask yourself what it means and why it was given to you.
- Energy Clearing – smudge the house, clear the clutter and energise your crystals tonight. For the full guide and detailed explanation – Moon Rituals Guide
- Intentions – write down all the things you feel you need to let go of, including people in your lives who may be toxic, to be able to move forward. Be honest and be clear. Imagine that you have the ears of the powers that may be. This works if you believe and trust. Take it outside and burn it as you say in your mind “I let go, I let go, I let go of all the things I no longer need in my life”
In summary, this is a time for justice, redemption and personal freedom. Things will fall into place, even if its not entirely clear how it will benefit you straightway. Some of us will begin this phase finding themselves trying to get “justice” as it feels like going up Mt Everest. Everything feels difficult and full of resistance but trust and put your positive foot forward because there is light in the darkness. It may not be everything that you want but it will be enough for you to move forward. This auspicious new moon will empower you to “follow your dreams” if you let her.
If you are open to Hindu deities then please do listen to this beautiful Durga chant song – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GuCDLdrvkA Listen to this in bed before you go to sleep. It is super relaxing and powerful.
I love to hear from you. Has this resonated with you? Come back and feedback when things fall into place. Whatever your story, I want to hear it. Leave a comment here.
Happy Navartri and New Moon!
People often find my life and my work in particular, fascinating. It is probably because I really love what I do and I am passionate about it. I have experiences which I cannot even share sometimes for fear of being called “weird” or to avoid being questioned on its authenticity because it is not part of their belief system or reality. Being a medium is very much about being open to experiences that the Spirit world want to share with us. We get to astral travel, connect with spirit in every shape or form, hear, see or even taste, as our senses are heightened.
Growing up as a child in Malaysia, I used to grapple with the dark and sleeping alone. I had times where I would wet the bed because I was absolutely terrified of my experiences. I mean wouldn’t you be if you saw a being move up around the ceiling? Feel a tightening sensation spread across your entire body? Now, what if I told you that I had just got into bed so was awake and my eyes was CLOSED but I could see through my eyelids? I could see every detail of the room. This was because my third eye had already developed when I was ten I could see through it sometimes.
After my rigorous training and spiritual development, which led to working professionally as a Medium, I am never afraid of Spirit. I don’t feel the same way about “visitors” as when i was a child. I know that tightening sensation now was energy and the being I saw was probably a guide or from a different dimension. If only I knew what I know now then!
On Friday I unintentionally stayed up awake. I had a workshop to run in the morning so I was keen on an early night. However earlier in the day, my mother called to remind me to try to stay awake for Mahashivatri – a night in tribute to Shiva which takes place before a new moon. The theme for this annual spiritual celebration is to overcome darkness and ignorance. This is a very important event for those who believe in the mind, body and spirit connection. Shiva is seen as the master that teaches, improves and oversees this aspect of humanity. People fast, eat vegetarian food, meditate, chant and spend the time on self reflection. Most temples are awash with lights, colour and people sitting with their legs crossed and spines straight throughout the night. There are 12 Shivaratri per year but the main one, usually falls in February or March. This year it was on February 24th. This special day is huge for those on the spiritual path as Shiva, helps to awaken new spiritual awareness and gifts.
With all of this in mind, I decided that I couldn’t stay awake so I went to bed armed with some guided sleep meditation music. After tossing and turning, I decided to sit up in bed and listen to some Shiva chants from my Youtube channel. I am hesitating as I write this as I know it will sounds completely crazy!
I felt my soul leave my body and there was a short moment of grief which was overtaken by excitement. I then saw below me, the road outside my house. I continued to travel up and then I felt myself, so light and weightless, travel further up into the sky. After a moment, darkness surrounded me and I thought that was it. I then realised I was in a cave. It was a big one with a lot of space around me. I could’t see the top but the wall around me had what I initially thought was graffiti but on closer inspection, turned out to be pre-historic drawings.
I could sense water running close by but my attention was taken over by the fresh air and light that I suddenly felt. I saw the opening and then heard the shriek of the flying prehistoric animal that flew past me. I saw it in the distance and then the massive landscape below me. It was a beautiful sight and simply indescribable. I have had out of body (OOB) experiences before but never so vivid and to a different time in history.
Once I felt I was back on the bed again, I saw my father standing near me and next to him, a guide and someone else. Before I could take that all in, waves of green, white and sparkly yellow light spilled into the room. The door was closed, the curtains drawn and my eyes were shut.
The lights formed long continuous and intersected lines moved and danced around me. I felt so honoured and happy to be a witness to this special scene in front of me. In the corner of my eye I saw several other lights but these were different. They were like the lights of stars we see in the sky. Bright, determined and powerful. These I knew were lights of Spirit and Angels. They sparkled and stayed passive while the green/white light made patterns around me. They reminded me of the Aurora Borealis lights.
There were a few more other things that happened that night but thankfully I managed to fall asleep at 5.30am and had less than three hours of sleep before my event. I didn’t feel tired at all while I was teaching and I came home really energised.
On Saturday night, I was filled with so much energy, and I knew one of my guides wanted to work with me. So I asked my husband to go off to bed while I picked up my paint brushes and set to work until 4am.
I just knew I had to paint a robin but I never paint animals or landscape. My art is from inspiration so I was a little apprehensive. I couldn’t believe how easily the robin appeared on the canvas. A very curious, inquisitive, and friendly fella who looks like he has had a rough time. Somehow he found this little haven away from the rain to rest.
While robins are often referred to as spirit signs, they are in Shamanism, a sign of growth and renewal. If you look back at the New Moon & Solar Eclipse guide from Friday, there is a theme about renewal there. Scruffy brings with him a message about letting go of the past to be able to move forward in the present. When we work to release the past, then you can refresh and go on your new journey. He also helps with self expression and working hard but also resting. We must listen to our bodies and the signs, to know when to push ourselves and when to take time off.
Scruffy wants us to know that our spirit family and friends are working hard to send us healing, in every possible way. From a chance meeting with someone who makes you smile, to unexpected abundance to closure on a disagreement. Believe that change is coming to your life and things will work out.
Scruffy is currently on sale at the Craft Coop in Marlow High Street.
Top 5 things to do to navigate through this intense energy
These last couple of weeks have been intense for many people. We have been caught between the lunar eclipse which was near the last full moon on Feb 11 and the solar eclipse on February 26th. The eclipses magnify the energy but they also bring about stormy conditions. Much like Doris which is causing havoc in the UK right now. In every situation, we have a choice – to ride it or let it take over us. Most of us have been experiencing extra vivid dreams, some of which don’t make sense but it can also be signals from your subconscious mind giving you clues as to things you need to release or deal with in order to move forward. Remember whatever we try to hide underneath the carpet, has to be cleaned up at some point! This can be anything from an emotion to maybe a disagreement to signing papers. These are the things that are holding you back and needs to be reviewed. It may feel challenging now but like the storm, once the sunshine shines through the dark clouds, you will feel much better.
Ideas and new themes will be abundant so keep paper and pen handy at all times. I remember saying this in a post recently and I reiterate – keep your eyes and ears open.
The very structure of our DNA and physical layer is being upgraded,that we are being pushed to get rid of the baggage that has been like cords, attached and pulling us back into the past. This is why it is important to pay attention and record down dreams and thoughts that might drop into your mind.
Your brain and crown chakra’s energy will be boosted during this upgrade. This is also why people are waking up with headaches as you need to hydrate! Energy is being used up. Fuzzy head, flu like symptoms and general tiredness will be common until next week.
The eclipse season is here to highlight the baggage, magnify it to the point you MUST face it, and transform. Be grateful for this opportunity to “let go” and improve. You are also being asked to change your perception of people and situations. The reason for this will be clearer in the coming months. The more you try to suppress it, the bigger it becomes and then you will feel like drowning.
I don’t know about you but I have been having a lot of “AHA” moments. That moment of clarity of all the dots joined up together is priceless. Most of us have been grappling with huge challenges recently with nothing being clear causing confusion and stress. Trust that the universe has your back but trust yourself even more.
I do feel that many of us will feel like one hand takes and the other gives. Something difficult will fall into your lap one moment and just as we give up hope, something nice happens. This year is about balance and the universe will try to strike a balance in every way possible. There is never going to be a perfect year, just like we are not perfect ourselves but there will be little things to outweigh the bad.
How do you take advantage of this energy?
- Keep paper and pen handy, especially at the bedside. Write down whatever message you hear when you open your eyes, Try to remember what you saw/heard/felt in your dreams. Date it and add the time you woke up. There may even be a message int the time you wake up – for example 05:55 is an Angel number indicating major life changes and that you are making the right choices.
- Hydrate – drink the recommended amount of water each day as your body needs it right now
- Pay attention to the people coming to your life right now. Are they from the past – that you need to heal the relationship to move on? Are people being sent to you to bring up old emotions or issues that you thought you have overcome?
- Meditate – the best and simplest way to focus, relax and listen to your own soul! I have a selection of meditation music that may help.
- Prepare for the New Moon – do my moon ritual which is free and easy to do. This is my gift for you and anyone else who needs it. Smudge the house to clear the energy, cleanse your crystals to energise them and write your lists.
I hope the energy this weekend will bring you a fresh new start, clarity of the mind and love in every way possible.
Love and Light,