Tomorrow’s Full Moon falls on a number “7” day which has a high spiritual vibrancy. These is one of those stand alone number days aligned with the lunar calendar which can be interesting energy wise. What will be compelling is the need to break free from the norm and to be more “individual” in your approach. A word of warning through, as this could lead to fractious relationships and situations.
Plan and do your leg work before acting as there is a tendency to be reckless at times when these sort of days appear in our lives. Nothing to worry about, just double check everything and think things through before acting.
The Full Moon falls on 5.10.2017 which if we added the numbers up, 5+1+0+2+0+1+7= 16, totals to the number 7. Seven brings solid foundations, spiritual pursuits and a hunger to learn more about your personal direction and universal energy. Most of us will find that we want to “shine” and be heard not just seen. This is the time to step out of the shadows and be true to yourself.
The lunar energy of 2017 has so far been pushing and prodding us to get to this point where we can let go of fear and to stop being comfortable in the shadow aspect of our personality. The time has come, with the help of the universe, Spirit and the powers that may be to step forward and be counted.
*If you have been feeling a little spaced out or like you are about to get a cold but never does happen, then listen up. This means that you may have a number of things on your mind, and struggling to focus on one productive thought or project which could push you forward. Decision making is not your strongest point and you are likely to be led rather to lead. Tomorrow’s energy will nudge you out of your comfort zone and force you to make a decision. So take charge, put everything on paper and go through the list and let your intuition guide you.
*The other physical symptom some of us have been experiencing and which is rather common during the lunar cycle is headaches. Our natural instinct, consciously or unconsciously in the face of change, is to resist. The lunar energy will be draining as it will be using up energy from within our physical body. This reduces our water content and causes us to be dehydrated, which we know leads to headaches and imbalance. It is always a good idea to increase our intake of filtered warm or room temperature water close to the New or Full moon. Lunar cycles enhance our ability to detox and rid ourselves of limiting believes and the shadow, which inevitably will cause our body to detox as well. Water will accelerate the process and flush everything out. The more spiritual rationale for headaches close to a lunar cycle is resistance and mental conflict. It is likely that you are over thinking something and putting a considerable amount of stress on yourself for no reason other than to want “perfection”. You are likely someone who feels they “have to” rather than “want to” therefore piling on the stress to be everything to everyone. The more you left go of this need to be perfect, the headaches will ease this week and you will find clarity and determination.
Over arching Spiritual Message for Oct 5th Full Moon
The message for this full moon cuts deep into our core, the essence of who we are and where we want to go. If you act on your feelings, learn from it and use this guide then transformation is possible. There is a call now to stand up in your own two feet, to be an individual rather than to hide behind others. The time is ripe for you to take charge of your life and your career. You CAN do it on your own.
The energy is particularly powerful and can, often be life changing if tapped into properly. Stop hesitating and use your practical and sensible self to clearly etch out a plan. Big yourself up at work and stand out!
This is also the time to put yourself FIRST. Bump yourself up on the list of priorities and make yourself the VIP of your own life. Stop running around for others. Look after yourself, be kind to yourself and be there for YOU. So go book a spa day, treat yourself to a nice lunch, create space in the house for your hobby, spend some time on your own, go out and have fun or even just get your hair done! Do all the things you have put off because you don’t have time, money or that others need it more.
The Hunter’s Moon appears on our skies earlier than regular full moons which means the dusky sky is illuminated brilliantly by the full moon (weather permitting!) which gave the Native Americans in ancient times, more time to hunt. This is the signal for the winter preparation. This means in our modern times, that we are given a unique opportunity to take a leap of faith and to be true to ourselves. The bright light of the moon will illuminate our shadow self to transform and learn. Tomorrow’s moon will give you the strength and conviction to step up and let the light shine on you for once.
Take advantage of this gift from the universe and do the full moon ritual to accelerate the energy right now. Follow the steps on the guide here or if you want an in depth explanation on how to cleanse your crystals, smudge the house and to write your wishlist then read my complete moon ritual guide here.
Please feel free to share this guidance with family and friends. I love hearing from you so please do leave a comment if this resonates with you.
Happy full Moon
* Obviously with any symptom, you must first ensure that there is no underlying medical reason. This is not a substitute for professional medical advice.
The New Moon is often over looked when one talks about Moon energy. The Full Moon is well known and pushed forward as the time to release and let go. Moon energy, is a cycle in every way possible and needs to be slowly introduced into our auras as it triggers growth and change. If you do it all at once then humanity will be overwhelmed and sanity will be questioned. Everything that falls into our space has to be done in stages and gently. Even with that amount of care, some of us can be so desensitised that we rarely understand the subtle signs until we are faced with it.
The emotions activated the week before and a few days after the New Moon are usually raw, and very much in line with our soul’s mission. Every one of us are “spirits” having a human experience, with a purpose. Unfortunately as more experience we clock up, we also tend to be conditioned to stray away from our original goals. We may have been told that were are “not good enough” to be something or someone. So we stop ourselves from even trying a skill or love. This creates an inner resistance because although your mind tells you what is NOT possible, your soul is determined to lead you to what IS possible. So until you face up to these clutter within, we will be going around in circles and living the same story, again and again.
So here is where the New Moon saunters in each month, stirring up old stories, clutter and dark matter that we try to suppress. Things will crop up, people will crash into your lives, events will occur out of your control – all forcing you to run around like a headless chicken. You will then see changes, action and solutions by the time the Full Moon comes in.
The New Moon is like the bad cop and the Full Moon is the good cop! There are events astronomically as well as spiritually that align closely to either moon phases that accelerate and amplify the effects.
This month’s new moon falls on Navratri which is the Hindu nine night festival that ends with the “the victory of good over evil” which then culminates with the festival of light – Diwali.
The Goddess Durga, is worshipped through offerings, dance and religious events during this festival. Each area in India and their respective communities have a different way of celebrating from different deities celebrated on each day, to types of prayers, music or dance to traditions. You can read more here.
There are some huge injustices happening within our societies and indeed, the world right now. From human to natural forces, it doesn’t feel fair and suffering seems endless. It feels like everything has to fall apart, be completely broken in order for it to be rebuild and made complete. The guides tell me that there is a huge secret to be revealed or dislodged (perhaps something from underwater?) and there is going to be big shift in world politics very soon. The strong will be weak and the weak will be strong.
New Moon & Navratri Significance
Most of us fear the unknown. We also fear ourselves. Imagine standing in a room full of mirrors. Your image plastered all over, looking back at you with no where to run or hide. How many of us can say they would be 100% comfortable in that room? Not many I suspect. Shining the light within to see clearly, the things we have spend a lifetime trying to hide and hide from, can be a very emotional and upsetting. I know so many people who want a reading but are too scared because of what will come out. It is because they are terrified of the things they don’t want to face. When the light is shined on us, we have to take it warts and all.
It is also believed that Goddess Durga was created by Lord Vishnu as a warrior goddess to protect the good people against the demon, Mahishasur. She is the combination of all the Gods energies and their power. The demon had declared that “no man” could ever kill him, which is why a female deity was created. Durga is the protector of the good, the women and children. She is justice and infinite. She is the light in the dark. Durga is a Sanskrit word which literally translates into the one who eliminates sufferings. She is usually depicted with eight or 18 arms holding an object or tool in each hand, indicating that she is fully equipped and ready for battle. Durga symbolises freedom from fear, justice, winning the battle, being alert and ready for anything. Durga Amma is worshipped for help with fertility issues, strength, endurance and positive outcomes.
What to look for this week:
- Emotional – how are you feeling? Write down how you are feeling and then dig deeper – ask yourself why is this coming up now. What is bringing this up. Are there changes to your mood? Being irritable and angry. Is there something within that you are not facing but driving you to react badly to situations? Stop and consider because when you react straight away then you have no chance of correcting yourself especially when it concerns other people. Tears will also be significant for some people as when you have been in a state of mind or situation for so long, it inevitably becomes your “comfort zone”. Make a conscious decision to “let go” and you will see everything soften and shape up nicely for October’s Full Moon.
- Physical Symptoms – as the shedding process get underway this week, our chakras will be activated and problem areas will be highlighted. For example if your throat chakra may cause you to clear your throat more often this week, and symptoms such as coughing and congestion in the throat encourage you to speak up, communicate your truth and not to feel suppressed. If your stomach keeps churning this week (and not because of an existing medical issue) then you are being encouraged to let go of “confidence issues”. As the chakras work extra time this week, you will find yourself feeling very overheated and thirsty. Please drink lots of filtered water or lemon water.
- Dreams – most of us have vivid dreams but don’t always pay attention to them. This week you will find yourself going through massive journeys during dream time. Watch out for the moment before you wake up because the messages and clues from your soul will be likely to be given right before you wake up. Pay attention to any lingering words, images or scenes you may be seeing or hearing in your mind the moment you start to wake up and just about to let go of sleep. For example I had a roller coaster of a lucid dream and the last thing I remember was drinking from an artisan bottled drink. It was one of those fancy combination homemade drinks like rhubarb and poached pears or something like that. The more I was waking up, the label started to look fuzzy but one word – “turmeric” got brighter and brighter on the label. I knew it was relevant as my grandmother was a healer and medicine woman. She used turmeric for everything and it was her way of telling me to consume some to help me with a health condition.
- What is happening around you – there will be lots happening. From people pushing your buttons to events completely out of your control. There are two reasons for this, one will test certain aspects of what you need to let go and the other is to push you out of your comfort zone. You will face these tests to either show you how far you have come, for example your reaction to someone may have changed compared to three months ago. The other will be to make you understand why you need to let go of a particular emotion or reaction. A situation will arise and you will regret how you behaved which will trigger the release. The moment you realise what it is you need to let go off, then the process will kick off within you. To let go, to change to evolve – we must WANT it.
Do these three things this week to help the universe help you:
- Mirror Work Meditation – Take a moment anytime this week to do this powerful exercise. Find a comfortable and quiet place in the house where you won’t be disturbed. Have a notepad and pen next to you on the floor. Place a tabletop/vanity mirror on a table infront of you. Make sure you can see your full face in it. Listen to this beautiful music on your earphone (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkM-FjfN6Mc&t=2367s) as you are likely to get the full force of the vibrations that way. Take a few deep breaths with your eyes closed. Let the palms of your hands rest on your knee, facing up. Feel the sound waves go through your body from your root chakra to the top of your head and back down. Slowly open your eyes and look at yourself in the mirror. Look at the image in front of you. Don’t judge your flaws or imperfections, just look deep into the eyes, take in everything. Just be and look at yourself while you keep listening to the music. Let your body guide you. If you feel like you need to close your eyes, do it. Don’t analyse or try to control this moment with yourself. Write down anything that pops into your head. You can do this for 10mins or 30 mins or an hour. There is not min or max time for this. Go with the flow. Look at the words afterwards and ask yourself what it means and why it was given to you.
- Energy Clearing – smudge the house, clear the clutter and energise your crystals tonight. For the full guide and detailed explanation – Moon Rituals Guide
- Intentions – write down all the things you feel you need to let go of, including people in your lives who may be toxic, to be able to move forward. Be honest and be clear. Imagine that you have the ears of the powers that may be. This works if you believe and trust. Take it outside and burn it as you say in your mind “I let go, I let go, I let go of all the things I no longer need in my life”
In summary, this is a time for justice, redemption and personal freedom. Things will fall into place, even if its not entirely clear how it will benefit you straightway. Some of us will begin this phase finding themselves trying to get “justice” as it feels like going up Mt Everest. Everything feels difficult and full of resistance but trust and put your positive foot forward because there is light in the darkness. It may not be everything that you want but it will be enough for you to move forward. This auspicious new moon will empower you to “follow your dreams” if you let her.
If you are open to Hindu deities then please do listen to this beautiful Durga chant song – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GuCDLdrvkA Listen to this in bed before you go to sleep. It is super relaxing and powerful.
I love to hear from you. Has this resonated with you? Come back and feedback when things fall into place. Whatever your story, I want to hear it. Leave a comment here.
Happy Navartri and New Moon!
I have taken some time off today to work on my admin as admittedly, its been something I have been pushing aside. Armed with an iced latte, as it was too hot to drink it in its true form, my trusty laptop and an earful of music, I was ready to get to work. There are no distractions here other than the laughing teenagers, the grumpy man on the phone, the elderly gentleman with his newspaper which went over my head the moment I put my earphones on.
Every now and then, a song would come on the playlist, an image, a photo, a trace of a memory or a face would throw me off. Tears would start to fill my eyes, threatening to smear my mascara, ruin my make up and make a fool of me. I would hold it, live that moment, let my thoughts follow that space and live it. The tears would hold back and the emotion would fade. Then something else would jolt me out from my determined stride to get things done. I still push on and on despite the feeling over overwhelming sadness and wanting to wallow in self pity. I am not even sure what I want to be wallowing in on. It feels like the end of something or someone. Who is this, what is this? I keep asking.
I am almost fearful of “knowing”. The last time I felt this way, choked with emotion and almost surfing on a wave, I lost someone dear to me. I know there is a lot of emotions flying about these last two days. The world lost Louise Hay, the motivational author and the founder of Hay House yesterday (Aug 30), which was the anniversary of the passing of Dr Wayne Dyer and today, the world mourns another inspirational figure -Diana, Princess of Wales who passed 20 years ago. However the energy emerging from next week’s Full Moon is strong and creating some chaos within ourselves.
We are being challenge
d to go back, reflect and to learn. The feeling we are having may be related to events that will unfold in the days before or after the full moon, but I can sense within this energy that it is about us. There are feelings and emotions that we need to let go of. Is it a memory, grief for someone we love, unwi
llingness to let go of a negati
ve habit that we have become accustomed to? Is our body resisting the change that is coming?
There is only one thing to do when this happens – GO WITHIN. The answers are never out of our own soul, internal wisdom or intuition. Our compass is going crazy for a good reason. Find some time to sit quietly and ask yourself all the questions above, ask for guidance from within.
If you have been dreaming long, vivid and complex dreams then write them down and analyse the meaning. Align it to your present situation and it will make sense. Be the hermit today and take your time to really understand this feeling. Have a duvet day or just go on a walk. Just be and let the feelings guide you. Meditation today will be a good idea, choose something soothing and gentle like a Buddhist chant. I have added some lovely meditation music on my YouTube Channel
New moons are often spark the beginning of the “letting go” process which culminates during the month’s full moon. Often those pesky things you keep hiding behind your defence shield start rising to the surface whether you like it or not. Sometimes the very emotion or action you keep nicely packaged in the back of your mind falls into the hands of another and you have absolutely no choice but to deal with it. We forget as humans that our experiences often shape the person we are today. It can be from anger issues to being too passive. it could also help you be a happy person who picks yourself up when faced challenges. Every single day creates another page in the chapter of our book. We sometimes have to flip back to the first few chapters to see why we act or react in a certain way in order to change the story further down the book. The new moon falls on the Cancer sign which is a nurturing sign which is very much about the “heart chakra”. So you will be dealing with matters of the heart as well as self worth and self worth issues until the full moon. Combine this now with the “super” aspect of this new moon, which amplifies the “letting go” process, you get a lovely harmonious and loving energy that will help you achieve your heart’s desire.
So if you have been feeling or even asking yourself, “what is missing in my life” then this is the time to really ask the universe for help. You are being guided to search for the meaning and go on a personal journey of discovery. Have you been feeling there is more to life than this? What is my passion? If you know there is something you need to be doing or pushing for then, listen up!
This is an opportunity for positive transformation even if it will feel a little transitional at the moment. Some of us feel we have changed inside, like there is a new sense of clarity that is encouraging us to take a step back from our current situation to review our choices now. There is a new door opening for us, a chance to transform and grab life by the balls as they say! The question you need to ask yourself, is are you ready to take the leap?
These last couple of months have seen huge shifts in our thinking and shaking off belief systems that have been ingrained in us. The seeds have already been planted as far back as November or January and reach a crescendo this coming week. Every little thought or step you have taken since then has brought you here.
Things will be clearer in your mind and you will feel the shift. Try to be calm and think clearly. Don’t let your emotions or past track record stop you from taking action. This is a good time to seek healing and meditate as it will help you think better and release old patterns.
This New Moon is about your heart’s desire and life purpose. If you can’t make my special New “Super” Moon Fire and Ritual Meditation Evening on Saturday then please do follow my Moon Ritual