This year has seen a lot of people going back to the past to find answers and to readjust their path in order to re-imagine their future. In doing so, some have felt a overwhelming feeling of failure, unease and even dealt with their pride being hurt. The ego is bruised when we change our paths to something we truly believed in not working out. It is hard to accept, the mind taking charge and making realistic plans. Failure is felt when things don’t go to plan or once you have realised that like the man who tried to get water out of the well, that it was going to take a lot more work as the pail had holes in it. Hot, and sweaty with sore arms, he slogged away to fill the jugs of the cool, clean well water. The pail with the hole was reducing the amount of water per draw. He could either keep doing what he was doing with little result or get a new pail or find something else to use. Alternatively, he could find another water source. These are choices not failures. You can overcome a situation using your internal wisdom and not allow emotions to cloud your judgement. In the same way, some of us are dealing with “letting go” of the security of what you are doing, of the feeling of failure, of change or the fear of something new.
Our physical body signs can be very revealing. These last week along with the very atmospheric skies over the UK shadows our inner struggles. The darkness within mirrors our experiences outside. People have been in touch this week saying they have been feeling very defeated, angry at times, procrastinating, depressed, fuzzy head and another even said some said they felt wobbly. Imagine there is a tug of war happening inside your body. How would it feel? One end pulling on the robe and the other holding on to the rope for dear life. Obviously there would be tension, agony and the sheer will power of both sides to hold on to the rope wouldn’t you? Your body is merely reacting to what is going on in your mind and spiritual layer.
We are being asked to take a step back from our situation and to review it with clear eyes and less attachment. The more you do this, the easier it will become. If we view it as “failure” then it attracts other mental negativity that only leads to a darker place mentally. We become too emotional and our actions will be driven from the wrong place. Using logic and a practical approach allows us to see things for what they are and making the adjustments to rectify the situation.
Energetically, this is happening for a big reason as this entire week, has been about “Good” vs “Evil”. Today ends the victory of good and Hindus around the world will celebrate Diwali which is the festival of lights. According to Hindu mythology, a super powerful demon called Narakasura who unleashed unimaginable pain and suffering to the world, was killed by Goddess Kali. who is a powerful, albeit scarier avatar of the Gods merged together. She is the warrior Goddess who was created to go to war, to save the world, to bring salvation to mankind. This is why her image often depicts her holding the bloody head of Narakasura. Simply put, the demon had declared to all the male Gods who tried to fight him and failed, that “No man can kill me”. He was arrogant enough to dismiss feminine power and therefore was defeated by Kali who incorporated both male and female energies. Hindus fast and pray for light into their lives, deal with the darkness within before today, when the dawn breaks to bring positivity and success. The Goddess of success and luck, Lakshmi is celebrated on the last few days to pray for happiness, fortune and success in all aspects of their lives.
In some ways, festival of lights is the war of inner darkness, to ward off bad luck and and dedicating time and space to positive thinking. This translate to our modern times as using knowledge and intuition to overcome our own darkness. When there is darkness there is light. So when there is doubt, trust your intuition and don’t be afraid to step into the bright light where there is clarity.
The New Moon which arrives tomorrow (October 19) offers us a new cycle of “letting go” and transformation which will be felt strongly by the Full Moon which falls on November 4th. You can help the universe by writing down your situation or what is holding you back on a piece of paper and go outside tomorrow evening to burn the paper. Hold the thought in your mind that you want to let go and welcome help from the universe. The veils between our two worlds are thinning so there is no doubt that our Spirit people, Angels and the universal force will be there to lend us a hand. Keep your thoughts positive, believe there is good change happening and everything will work out for the best. Be open to the fact that it may not be exactly how you want it, as the more we relinquish control, then the easier it is for the powers that may be, to deliver.
So why is this happening and why now? There is a bigger picture for us to open our awareness to. There is a next level of consciousness and experience but we cannot get there if we are holding on to fear and same old believes. The world is changing and there is a huge shift of thinking coming our way. We have often questioned how human evolution was going to take place, are we going to turn into zebras or three eyed aliens? What next after the ape? Well according to my awareness, the evolution will come in changes to mindset, to the way we think and feel. New thought processes and being able to accept the inevitable such as the possibility of Spirit being in the same space as us will be more accepted and mainstream.
So it starts with us now. Being able to shift our consciousness will be important. We are being shaken to the core to make ourselves a lot more flexible and accepting for what is around the corner. There are exciting times ahead for all of us and there is a universal feeling of “something big” is about to happen.
It is also a good time to make space for yourself and meditate. I love this very uplifting and super powerful mantra which is mantra of mantras. The music and the singers voice is so calming and gentle which really changes the energy around me when I listen to the music. You can click to listen to it here. I am actually listening to it as I write this guidance.
With that I wish you all a lovely Diwali and may the light be always in your life.
Lots of love and blessings,
The New Moon is often over looked when one talks about Moon energy. The Full Moon is well known and pushed forward as the time to release and let go. Moon energy, is a cycle in every way possible and needs to be slowly introduced into our auras as it triggers growth and change. If you do it all at once then humanity will be overwhelmed and sanity will be questioned. Everything that falls into our space has to be done in stages and gently. Even with that amount of care, some of us can be so desensitised that we rarely understand the subtle signs until we are faced with it.
The emotions activated the week before and a few days after the New Moon are usually raw, and very much in line with our soul’s mission. Every one of us are “spirits” having a human experience, with a purpose. Unfortunately as more experience we clock up, we also tend to be conditioned to stray away from our original goals. We may have been told that were are “not good enough” to be something or someone. So we stop ourselves from even trying a skill or love. This creates an inner resistance because although your mind tells you what is NOT possible, your soul is determined to lead you to what IS possible. So until you face up to these clutter within, we will be going around in circles and living the same story, again and again.
So here is where the New Moon saunters in each month, stirring up old stories, clutter and dark matter that we try to suppress. Things will crop up, people will crash into your lives, events will occur out of your control – all forcing you to run around like a headless chicken. You will then see changes, action and solutions by the time the Full Moon comes in.
The New Moon is like the bad cop and the Full Moon is the good cop! There are events astronomically as well as spiritually that align closely to either moon phases that accelerate and amplify the effects.
This month’s new moon falls on Navratri which is the Hindu nine night festival that ends with the “the victory of good over evil” which then culminates with the festival of light – Diwali.
The Goddess Durga, is worshipped through offerings, dance and religious events during this festival. Each area in India and their respective communities have a different way of celebrating from different deities celebrated on each day, to types of prayers, music or dance to traditions. You can read more here.
There are some huge injustices happening within our societies and indeed, the world right now. From human to natural forces, it doesn’t feel fair and suffering seems endless. It feels like everything has to fall apart, be completely broken in order for it to be rebuild and made complete. The guides tell me that there is a huge secret to be revealed or dislodged (perhaps something from underwater?) and there is going to be big shift in world politics very soon. The strong will be weak and the weak will be strong.
New Moon & Navratri Significance
Most of us fear the unknown. We also fear ourselves. Imagine standing in a room full of mirrors. Your image plastered all over, looking back at you with no where to run or hide. How many of us can say they would be 100% comfortable in that room? Not many I suspect. Shining the light within to see clearly, the things we have spend a lifetime trying to hide and hide from, can be a very emotional and upsetting. I know so many people who want a reading but are too scared because of what will come out. It is because they are terrified of the things they don’t want to face. When the light is shined on us, we have to take it warts and all.
It is also believed that Goddess Durga was created by Lord Vishnu as a warrior goddess to protect the good people against the demon, Mahishasur. She is the combination of all the Gods energies and their power. The demon had declared that “no man” could ever kill him, which is why a female deity was created. Durga is the protector of the good, the women and children. She is justice and infinite. She is the light in the dark. Durga is a Sanskrit word which literally translates into the one who eliminates sufferings. She is usually depicted with eight or 18 arms holding an object or tool in each hand, indicating that she is fully equipped and ready for battle. Durga symbolises freedom from fear, justice, winning the battle, being alert and ready for anything. Durga Amma is worshipped for help with fertility issues, strength, endurance and positive outcomes.
What to look for this week:
- Emotional – how are you feeling? Write down how you are feeling and then dig deeper – ask yourself why is this coming up now. What is bringing this up. Are there changes to your mood? Being irritable and angry. Is there something within that you are not facing but driving you to react badly to situations? Stop and consider because when you react straight away then you have no chance of correcting yourself especially when it concerns other people. Tears will also be significant for some people as when you have been in a state of mind or situation for so long, it inevitably becomes your “comfort zone”. Make a conscious decision to “let go” and you will see everything soften and shape up nicely for October’s Full Moon.
- Physical Symptoms – as the shedding process get underway this week, our chakras will be activated and problem areas will be highlighted. For example if your throat chakra may cause you to clear your throat more often this week, and symptoms such as coughing and congestion in the throat encourage you to speak up, communicate your truth and not to feel suppressed. If your stomach keeps churning this week (and not because of an existing medical issue) then you are being encouraged to let go of “confidence issues”. As the chakras work extra time this week, you will find yourself feeling very overheated and thirsty. Please drink lots of filtered water or lemon water.
- Dreams – most of us have vivid dreams but don’t always pay attention to them. This week you will find yourself going through massive journeys during dream time. Watch out for the moment before you wake up because the messages and clues from your soul will be likely to be given right before you wake up. Pay attention to any lingering words, images or scenes you may be seeing or hearing in your mind the moment you start to wake up and just about to let go of sleep. For example I had a roller coaster of a lucid dream and the last thing I remember was drinking from an artisan bottled drink. It was one of those fancy combination homemade drinks like rhubarb and poached pears or something like that. The more I was waking up, the label started to look fuzzy but one word – “turmeric” got brighter and brighter on the label. I knew it was relevant as my grandmother was a healer and medicine woman. She used turmeric for everything and it was her way of telling me to consume some to help me with a health condition.
- What is happening around you – there will be lots happening. From people pushing your buttons to events completely out of your control. There are two reasons for this, one will test certain aspects of what you need to let go and the other is to push you out of your comfort zone. You will face these tests to either show you how far you have come, for example your reaction to someone may have changed compared to three months ago. The other will be to make you understand why you need to let go of a particular emotion or reaction. A situation will arise and you will regret how you behaved which will trigger the release. The moment you realise what it is you need to let go off, then the process will kick off within you. To let go, to change to evolve – we must WANT it.
Do these three things this week to help the universe help you:
- Mirror Work Meditation – Take a moment anytime this week to do this powerful exercise. Find a comfortable and quiet place in the house where you won’t be disturbed. Have a notepad and pen next to you on the floor. Place a tabletop/vanity mirror on a table infront of you. Make sure you can see your full face in it. Listen to this beautiful music on your earphone (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkM-FjfN6Mc&t=2367s) as you are likely to get the full force of the vibrations that way. Take a few deep breaths with your eyes closed. Let the palms of your hands rest on your knee, facing up. Feel the sound waves go through your body from your root chakra to the top of your head and back down. Slowly open your eyes and look at yourself in the mirror. Look at the image in front of you. Don’t judge your flaws or imperfections, just look deep into the eyes, take in everything. Just be and look at yourself while you keep listening to the music. Let your body guide you. If you feel like you need to close your eyes, do it. Don’t analyse or try to control this moment with yourself. Write down anything that pops into your head. You can do this for 10mins or 30 mins or an hour. There is not min or max time for this. Go with the flow. Look at the words afterwards and ask yourself what it means and why it was given to you.
- Energy Clearing – smudge the house, clear the clutter and energise your crystals tonight. For the full guide and detailed explanation – Moon Rituals Guide
- Intentions – write down all the things you feel you need to let go of, including people in your lives who may be toxic, to be able to move forward. Be honest and be clear. Imagine that you have the ears of the powers that may be. This works if you believe and trust. Take it outside and burn it as you say in your mind “I let go, I let go, I let go of all the things I no longer need in my life”
In summary, this is a time for justice, redemption and personal freedom. Things will fall into place, even if its not entirely clear how it will benefit you straightway. Some of us will begin this phase finding themselves trying to get “justice” as it feels like going up Mt Everest. Everything feels difficult and full of resistance but trust and put your positive foot forward because there is light in the darkness. It may not be everything that you want but it will be enough for you to move forward. This auspicious new moon will empower you to “follow your dreams” if you let her.
If you are open to Hindu deities then please do listen to this beautiful Durga chant song – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GuCDLdrvkA Listen to this in bed before you go to sleep. It is super relaxing and powerful.
I love to hear from you. Has this resonated with you? Come back and feedback when things fall into place. Whatever your story, I want to hear it. Leave a comment here.
Happy Navartri and New Moon!
I suppose we are all guilty of being hard on ourselves at some point in our life. Some of us are quick to overlook certain aspects of other people’s personality or habits but harsh on our own ability or weaknesses. There are times where this becomes overpowering and soul destroying. There are so many of us who go to extremes because we don’t feel “good enough” or unable to cope because we put such high expectations on ourselves. Why is the reason for this? Society, peer pressure or upbringing? I am sure it differs from one person to the other.
I was reminded of this, recently when I jumped into a taxi on my way to the monthly development circle. The taxi man was a young Asian guy who had Rag & Bone man’s song, Human playing in the background. I don’t always chat to taxi drivers unless they start the conversation, mainly because I am usually wrapped up in my own thoughts. I have always used time in taxis as thinking time. This stems from my time as a journalist in Malaysia where I would formulate my story in my head and go through my notes on my way to the newsdesk.
However this time, I really had the urge to speak to this young man. It was as if someone wanted me to speak to him. So I said “Is that Rag ‘n’ Bone man? Knowing fully well it was. He said “Oh who is that….you mean the song? Yes, I said and we got into a conversation about the meaning of the song.
It became clear to me during our short conversation that this was a message he needed to hear – that he shouldn’t be too hard on himself and he can’t please everyone. There was a vulnerability about him and who knows, this pressure on his shoulders could have led to emotional strain. We were laughing as the taxi pulled up at the venue and said our goodbyes. He was smiling and grinning from ear to ear, and so was I.
I shared this moment with the circle members and it was funny how the theme repeated itself throughout the meditation and inspired speaking.
As one of them said during inspired speaking …tick tock….. you can move forward not back in time. So don’t feel guilty for what has been but move into the future because there is no going back.
Today as I said down to write this guidance, the song that came up on my playlist was Human. I felt that my guide, an old Indian sage popped it into my head so I could write about this today.
The song came out of a conversation Rory Graham (Rag ‘n’ Bones man) had with a friend. Graham explained to NME in a video interview: “You know, people generally moan quite a lot about stuff that isn’t very important and it was like, if you took a little step back from yourself and stopped being selfish and just look around at what’s going on in other people’s lives and you soon realise that it’s just inconsequential; your problem isn’t really a problem anymore.”
So my dear friends, be clear about what you actually want in life, what is important and prioritise. We can sometimes go through life being upset by small things but overlook the things you ought to be worried about. Use this time to filter through your worries and reassess what you want so your next steps will be clear. Remember, we are “only human after all” with flaws and totally imperfect. That is the beauty of our existence. Every day we live is a learning lesson and a step forward.
So what is a supermoon? According to Wiki – a supermoon is the coincidence of a full moon or a new moon with the closest approach the Moon makes to the Earth on its elliptical orbit, resulting in the largest apparent size of the lunar disk as seen from Earth. From a spiritual and energy context, it is a time when energy is magnified. Some bring transformation that can be life changing and others, brings things up to the surface which may be difficult to deal with.
We are going to feel a little sandwiched and caught in the middle emotionally and energy. There is a good reason for it as there is another super “new moon” in June. So there will be things popping up this week, good or bad which will be released or completed in June’s super “new moon” on the 24th.
We will get clarity on June 9th’s full “Micro” moon and it intensity will ease off. How do you survive the energy until then?
You will be prodded and buttons will be pushed. This is a very transformational time so even if things are a little up in the air, trust that it is happening for your highest good. Pay attention to what is happening around you and what is the universe trying to say to you?
Our soul knows what is ahead and will guide us to where we need to be. Each and everyone of us have a blueprint of our very existence which is accessed by our soul and our creators. Every step we take makes one part of the puzzle fall into place. It is frustrating but the mysteries of life and death is determined by the laws of Spirit, which we don’t full understand.
Just to summarise, enjoy the here and now, look beyond the pettiness of life because there is a bigger picture for us to enjoy. Stand firm in your convictions, don’t feel you need to over stretch yourself to please people and look after yourself. When you are drained and depleted, there is no way you can help anyone.
Most importantly say yes to the right things – opportunities, ideas and projects.
Follow my Moon Ritual tonight to take advantage of this amazing energy and cleanse your aura and home.
Pink Full Moon will arrive at 07:08am (UK time or 06.08 GMT) on Tuesday, April 11th 2017
April has been a mix bag of good and bad for most of us. We would have seen one area of our lives speeding up while in another, big challenges would have cropped up. This would have really stirred some big emotions in us while we tried to keep positive and moved forward, making big strides in career, changes in self employment and saying yes to opportunities. Some of us would have being going through the motions with a heavy heart burdened with grief or dreading the prospect of having to solve problems at home.
Despite all this, we have stayed strong and shifted from the shadow into the light. There is good positive movement forward and the Pink full moon, will bring more balance. Our heart chakras as being re-calibrated and expanded. I feel some of us will have very fleeting feelings of being spaced out. Please seek medical advise if it happens frequently or involves chest pains. Full moon energy is strong and the veil between our worlds becomes just a little thinner during this time, allowing our guides and Ascended Masters to help us ascend to the next level of consciousness.
Why is this month’s full moon called “pink”? Apparently it was named after the pink flowers that blossom in April and symbolises new beginnings, rebirth and hope. This is a special week as the Hindus are celebrating Hanuman Jayanthi, the birth of Lord Hanuman who was played a significant role in the Ramayana and Hindu mythology. He is a symbol of strength, peace and protection. the commander of the monkey army who was deeply devoted to Lord Ram. He is seen as the protector of the light as he fought against darkness and to save Sita. I really love the collection of stories and information here. Although I was Roman Catholic, my mother was and still Hindu so I grew with both religions. I have always had affection for Hanuman and associate him with Archangel Michael. A few years ago when I was standing on a train platform walking towards the edge in a daze, the fast train speeding into the station, I saw a figure appear from the other side. I was pushed back and I woke up from my stupor, realising what very nearly happened. A few years later, sitting in my therapy room, meditating and opening myself to Spirit as I normally do before I start seeing clients, I saw this figure again. This time I felt the familiar energy and strength which is when I realised was from my childhood. It also then was revealed to me through messages in my mind, that Archangel Michael and Hanuman were one of the same. It totally made sense to me as I felt the very same feeling and energy when I stood in front of a Hanuman statue in a temple as I did when I called on Archangel Michael. They are both protectors, guardians, leaders, strong, Angels and highly devoted.
The Hanuman celebration tomorrow is supposed to be extremely significant for the Hindu calendar. If you would like to take advantage of this amazing day then just find a moment anytime on Tuesday to listen to this mantra with your eyes closed and focus on your 3rd eye chakra.
The full moon coincides with the beginning of Passover for the Jewish community which is about liberation and Easter for the Christian (resurrection of Christ).
So what does it all mean for us?
- Balance – Pay attention to your body as it feels like some of us may be ignoring little signals. You can only go forward if your body is also ready and able to carry you. So stop and rest this next two weeks. If could mean taking some time off to just sit in the garden, meditation, yoga, going on walk, extra sleep or treating yourself to a massage – do what makes you feel relaxed.
- Kindness – spread light. There is a lot of violence and sadness in the world. We often feel helpless when something horrible happens in the world. The truth is the power is in our hands and it starts with being kind, spreading love and being compassionate. Buy a coffee for a homeless man or woman, speak to someone on the train or the supermarket or drop a friend a message to see if they are okay. It all starts with a smile and feeling supported. Gestures need not be big or magical. Just be kind.
- Focus on what you want and not what you don’t have. The more we rise above our current situation the easier it is for the universe to deliver us the results that we want in our lives. If you are in difficulty, then visualise a time in the future where things have changed for the better. The more you put your energy into this outcome, the more you start to manifest the shift.
- Perspective – moon energy often provides us with clarity and the Pink moon will bring you the ability to see things from someone else’s perspective. If you have been struggling with a problem and feel blocked, then you will be able to see the “other side” which will help you find solutions.
- Heart – Venus and Mercury are in Retrograde so matters of the heart and family life will be important. You will be having a lot more heart to heart talks with people closest to you.
- Self Worth – this will be a theme or potentially a challenge for some this next week. If you feel pushed into a corner or forced to face certain aspects of your personality, try to keep a cool head. This is being sent to you for your highest good. The more we hide from things we see as “flaws” the bigger it gets. We have to face our demons, slay it and learn from it. Keep your feet firmly on the ground and stay focused on what is important. Don’t shoot the messenger and remember its a lesson to improve.
Take advantage of the full moon energy and follow my Moon Ritual guide. You can do it on Tues or Wednesday evening.
Please feel free to share and also leave a comment. I love to hear from you!